Architecting Award Winning Portals
In light of the rapid rate of internet penetration throughout the highly connected world, coupled with dramatic advances in uses of information technology in business and industry, websites are starting to rely more on customized, personalized, and secure portals to ensure that sites are relevant, engaging and easy to navigate.
Providing a single point of access to multiple resources and information offers the potential for an enhanced user experience and customer loyalty.
Building custom personalized portals to support a particular business function can be costly and can consume time that could be better spent growing your enterprise.
ASSET has successfully implemented several award winning portals. The latest implementation was with the help of the Egyptian Presidential Council. ASSET Technology Group was able to set the Egyptian Knowledge Bank portal into motion to be part of the initiative.
Egyptian Knowledge Bank is the first of its kind and considered as one of the largest digital libraries in the whole world as per Eng. Tarek Shawky, Secretary of the Presidency's Special Councils. EKB holds reliable content from the major-league publishing houses around the world such as National Geographic, Reuters, Britannica, Oxford and others.
ASSET Team did their best efforts to deliver four different portals to address various factions of society with different interests and ages making all kinds of human sciences available for every Egyptian citizen. Initial statistics indicate at least 1.8 million views on the day of launch.
Check out EKB Portal
Another great implementation was ‘Khadamate' portal (Arabic for ‘My Services') is an electronic repository of the services that are offered by the UAE federal government and its agencies to its stakeholders. The online system helps entities to define and classify their services as they prefer. Entities can generate periodic statistical reports of all the implemented government transactions.
Khadamate is useful to gather statistics on the cost and revenue of eServices and helps in planning for automation of services across the federal government entities.
In phase two of Khadamate, ASSET presented Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) and Emirates eGovernment with E-Readiness Evaluation System Implementation designed to:
- Evaluate the e-readiness progress of the entities
- Develop self-evaluation and formal evaluation modules for the government entities
- Update some of Khadamati system functionalities to fulfill the business needs
- Provide direct integration between the system and UAE Federal Portal in order to avail services directly from Khadamate to Federal portal
|The Official Gate for UAE Government||The Online gateway for Arab States Cooperation Council|
|Emirati Portal||Smart Government|
|UAE Data Portal||Ministry of Environment and Water Portal|
- A fresher and new appealing look
- Better usability
- Easier site navigation
- Better content categorization
- Multi Language
- Efficient handling of a huge image and video galleries
- Availability of Google maps application
- Integration with various social networks (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Latest browser compatibility (including mobiles and Tablets browsers)
- User-friendly publishing cycle
- Delivery of a highly collaborative work experience with increased social capabilities and visibility for knowledge workers
Take a look at ASSET Customers