InfoConnect is a generic web based ETL tool that relies more on configuration mechanism and less on customization. It extracts and migrates both structured and unstructured data from different data sources and databases and consolidates them into InfoArchive. The databases can be of legacy systems or live systems including homegrown, 3rd party databases, ERP systems and web applications.
In other words, InfoConnect unifies all data sources applications to be injected in one centralized archival XML Database (xDB).
InfoConnect produces archive packages (SIP's) which are transferred to InfoArchive for ingestion. After the successful ingestion of the SIP, InfoArchive generates a message that is passed back to InfoConnect to confirm that the data can be purged from the source application.
- High Productivity:
– highly configurable to meet different database structure
– Supports most common database types (Oracle, MSSQL, Sybase)
– Scheduling Mechanism to automate the archiving process
- Cost Savings
– Enables both structured and unstructured data to be archived to cheaper storage
– Unify the archive for all data which reduces the complexity IT platforms
– Unify the management of both structured and unstructured content of varying levels of complexity
– Reallocation of IT resources to support new initiatives
- Risk Reduction
– Ensure data compliance
– Ensure the integrity of documents
– Provide a verifiable audit trail
- Increased Operational Efficiency
- Regulatory and Legal Compliance
- Business Continuity